Friday 9 March 2012

For My Light

I wait, at the end of the tunnel
For my light to guide me out 
To find myself in life's funnel 

I wait, at the end of the tunnel 
As thoughts seem void and null 
Shackled to the chains of doubt

I wait, at the end of the tunnel  
For my light to guide me out


Image Courtesy : Google Images

Thank you Sam for introducing to this wonderful form of poetry!

"A triolet has eight lines, with rhyme scheme ABaAabAB. The first, fourth and seventh lines are identical, and the second and final lines are also identical.This means that, once you've written the first couplet, you have five of the eight lines done. With only three more lines to go, you’re 63% done with the poem." 

Examples for this form can be found at Avolare and Valentine

16 comments:

  1. nice...love how the waiting for the light to lead you out plays on those doubts...nice triolet man

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help thinking that this poem is about birth... Good triolet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sam.
      I had never imagined it to be about birth but after your comment I realize it is so much in sync with the process of birth. Thanks for the wonderful insight.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed the repetition. It gave it a lyrical quality, enjoyed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent triolet. Great use of repetition indeed. Middle stanza really hit home for me. Strong piece. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twice I have gone down the Tunnel of Light, and each time argued with the gatekeeper there that I had not yet done the work I came to do. Each time I was allowed to return -- once from an inexplicable coma after a broken jaw received in a soccer accident, once from "incurable" cancer.

    Contrary to your poem -- and the experience of the first of my three births -- the greatest light in my experience was inside the tunnel, drawing me to a brighter world beyond death. A dazzling world that tempted me.

    But we are so little alive, and so long dead. And I really enjoy incarnation! So I have always so far returned to try again...

    ReplyDelete