Monday 9 April 2018

An Ode to Running

Running helps me clear my mind
From the chaotic clutter of daily grind

It takes me towards a better state
Devoid of any regret, grief or hate

It shows me the pleasures in pain
Like the desert's unexpected rain

It silences the questions and doubts
Emerging in my mind's whereabouts

It teleports me to a heaven of hope
Where inspiration is the only dope

It frees from the cage of comfort zone
With a zingy zest to have my body hone

It fills me with a sense of satisfaction
To my wandering life, it adds traction

It provides me with means to defeat
All the ambrosia that I eternally eat

It gives me a kaleidoscope for seeing
One of the prime purposes of my being.

6 comments:

  1. Nice 'ode to running' indeed I feel the same way about walking and it enables me to appreciate nature. Nice write

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do share the interest in running... though even more bicycling. But we have to keep moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Umesh... I'm a runner too, so resonated with this very easily...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice couplet: "It shows me the pleasures in pain
    Like the desert's unexpected rain"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your celebration of running, fine reading Umesh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. running gives me a lot od prescriptive too. well said!!

    ReplyDelete