Tuesday 12 September 2023

Time's up

For months, I have felt we haven't seen each other. We have met each other - spoken, heard and laughed for hours. Yet it seems like eons since I have seen you. I have been counting seconds to when you would get a vacation from all the responsibilities that have stolen you away from me. I have been waiting and playing hopscotch with the hands of the clock. 


Tomorrow, I am going to meet you. I am flooded with anticipation like the desert sand at the mirage of a cloud. "To be pretty for you I have dropped two seeds of turnsole in the dark of both eyes." 

I see you coming from distance. My heartbeats rhyme with your footsteps. You are here now.  'Would owning all the watches and clocks give one the ability to stop time?' I wishfully wonder.  Time's up. We leave. 





Written for the Prosery prompt at dVerse Poets Pub, to write a prose in under 144 words including the deliciously beautiful line -“To be pretty for you I have dropped two seeds of turnsole in the dark of both eyes.”   from Isabel Duarte-Gray's lovely poem Garden  

  

3 comments:

  1. Great story! Especially love the line ' I have been waiting and playing hopscotch with the hands of the clock. '

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a romantic take on the prompt! I love the fiery longing and intricate details that lead up to their meeting. Thank you so much for writing to the prompt ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a good job of building the main character's urgency. If only we could stop the clock in those moments, to make them last forever.

    ReplyDelete