Sunday 16 September 2012

First Poem

Poems, never thought I would write any
Though I had read and memorized  many 
Then on a fine afternoon in my classroom shade
In the English lecture of my twelfth grade
I was forced to write one of my own 
Fidgeting my brand new pen, up and down 
I wandered along my mind's cloud
Penning down my thoughts aloud
Taking inspiration from the Daffodils
That gathered over the vales and hills
I resonated a repetitive rhetorical refrain
Of a question that meandered my mind's lane
Framing up tiny couplets that would rhyme
Adding melodies to my mind's muted mime
I read through my first poem once it was done
Realizing that poetry is SO much fun


Written for Poetics : First Times at the dVersePoetsPub hosted by Fred Rutherford  

14 comments:

  1. nice...writing the first poem is as exciting as the first kiss i think..when the words form on the page...kinda magical..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, poetry is so much fun, and so much more than fun as well. Really loved how you document your early love for reading of poetry, yet not believing you would write yourself, to this piece, which is everything an accomplished poet would want in and from one of their own pieces. Thanks for sharing tonight, great read. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Fred. It was a great poetics prompt , waiting for many more poetic prompts from you!

      Delete
  3. smiles...i def feel you...i wrote mine because a commentor told me i should...i was overly concerned with how it sounded as i had not done it in years...lol...it is def a magic moment...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Umesh, I enjoyed your poem on writing your first poem. I am glad you wrote that first poem and are continuing to write. I get a kind of 'high' every time I complete a poem; but there is nothing like that memory of the first. Thanks for visiting my blog; and I hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Umesh, I *never* read poems. But I actually read this. Its really nice!

    Hope you continue writing more. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect for the prompt--glad you found your love of writing poetry :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete