Sunday 29 July 2012

Et tu, Somnus!

Just when I need you the most
You vanish away like a ghost
I shout out your name in vain
For you have left me for my bane
My restless thoughts tremble
As a screaming silence ensembles

You never said you will be gone
Deserting me at the pits of Forlorn
Aren't you supposed to be my solace?
But instead you become my grimace
My head is beginning to pound
Yet there ain't any signs of you around

My eyes are burning for your sight
As I toggle myself from left to right
I can't stand this torment anymore
My patience has gone awfully sore
No strength left for more laments
I want you here this very moment

Without you my day would be all hazy
Nudging me to brink of being crazy
Tainting both my work and my play
I have no more words left to say
Come back you traitorous creep
I need you now O my dear sleep

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Prompted by Poetic Bloomings Prompt 65 - Betrayed 





12 comments:

  1. What sounded like a very familiar topic to me in the first stanzas revealed itself as a very different but nevertheless equally existential need. A very funny twist : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martin :)
      I intentionally made it sound like the very familiar topic ;)

      Delete
  2. i like the way it twists from being a friend/beloved to a devdas n finally to sleep :)
    like ur creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thrups :) Was just a side effect of my Sunday night insomnia ;)

      Delete
  3. ugh...sleep...hate it when i can not sleep...and def did not think sleep was where you were going at first...i felt the longing for sure....smiles...nicely spun....

    ReplyDelete
  4. From one insomniac to another, I salute you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL :D That last line took me by surprise! I disregarded the title when I read, so kudos.. that was a well-slept over read ;)

    Leo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sleep so precious... I hate it when I can't sleep. Nice write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes...I was feeling all familiar with your feelings when the last line woke me up...LOL. I am blessed with good sleep.

    ReplyDelete