Tuesday 11 April 2023

Poetry - My Damsel In Shining Armor

   The moment she left, I felt utterly empty yet my mind was overflowing with feelings. I couldn't find the courage to speak to any friend. I didn't want to burden them with my emotions. And when I did muster the courage to speak, I was at a loss of words. That's when poetry came to my rescue as my damsel in shining armor. I never realized until I attempted writing that "The seed of a poem lay dormant in my heart."

   My amorphous feelings found solace in the structure of poems. Poetry became a beloved friend, who would listen without interrupting, without judgement, without unsolicited advices. I began reading to learn more about her. The more I learn of her, the more there is to learn. Now I don't speak to her so often but I know she's still here. Poetry is still here. 


  Written for the Prosery prompt at dVersePoets by Michelle Beauchamp to use the line 'The seed of a poem lay dormant in my heart.' from the poem "Winged Words" by Valsa George 

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful to hear how poetry has become your savior, your confidante, your friend. Sometimes when we can't find the words to express ourselves, poetry can give us the voice we need. It's a beautiful way to capture emotions that are difficult to put into words, to turn chaos into order, and to bring solace in times of need. It's wonderful that you have found a way to express yourself through poetry and have also taken the time to learn more about it. Poetry is an art that constantly evolves and has so much to offer. Keep writing and exploring, and your poetry will continue to be your faithful companion, guiding you through the ups and downs of life. 👍👏👌😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the way you pay homage to poetry in this piece. "She" (I like that too) really is a trusted friend, loyal and accepting. Thanks for joining in with the prompt. :)

    ReplyDelete